The pandemic has caused massive changes in children's lives, with schools being closed and isolation from their friends and family. This course explores the impact on children's wellbeing and steps that can be taken to ensure that there is no long-term trauma. With an added focus on supporting the wellbeing and safeguarding of vulnerable children special those with special educational needs.
Course Duration: 2 Hours
Start Time: 09.30am UK time
SAFEGUARDING, WELLBEING AND SEND
- Develop an understanding of how lockdown can impact children's mental health.
- Explore the risks for children with a focus on children with special educational needs.
- Discuss and share best practice.
- Identify risks of prolonged school closures.
- Recognise the warning signs of low mood and possible mental health concerns.
- Identify steps to support children during school closures.
- Develop strategies for the most vulnerable such as children with special educational needs.
- Identify barriers and possible ways to overcome barriers of supporting children throughout school closures.